Tuesday, April 10, 2007

José Mourinho : The Most Popular Extra Special Soccer Manager


Save those water Jose! :)
Still fresh from one of the best UEFA Champions League knock-out matchday, which has been played last night. What a performance especially Manchester United, whom slayed AS Roma at the Theater of Dream (7-1,8-3 agg) and Chelsea ditch a last breath winning goal at Valencia's Mestalla (2-1,3-2 agg). Kudos to all of 'em!

[more][more]

José Mário dos Santos Mourinho Félix who popularly being known as José Mourinho, is the man behind the greatest revival of The Blues (of course with the help from Roman's Not-That-Little Pounds). I don't think he need to be introduced further more. Enjoy his soft-heavy-accently-funny-killer quotes.

"Please don't call me arrogant, but I'm European champion and I think I'm a special one."




"I saw their players and manager go for a lap of honour after losing to us in their last home game. In Portugal if you do this, they throw bottles at you." - on Manchester United




"We have top players and, sorry if I'm arrogant, we have a top manager"




"There are only two ways for me to leave Chelsea. One way is in June 2010 when I finish my contract and if the club doesn't give me a new one. It is the end of my contract and I am out. The second way is for Chelsea to sack me. The way of the manager leaving the club by deciding to walk away, no chance! I will never do this to Chelsea supporters." - when asked if success in the Carling Cup final might mean the last trophy he would win for Chelsea




"If I wanted to have an easy job...I would have stayed at Porto - beautiful blue chair, the Uefa Champions League trophy, God, and after God, me."




"If he helped me out in training we would be bottom of the league and if I had to work in his world of big business, we would be bankrupt." - on Chelsea F.C. owner Roman Abramovich




"I saw their players and manager go for a lap of honour after losing to us in their last home game. In Portugal if you do this, they throw bottles at you." - on Manchester United




"Pressure? What pressure? Pressure is poor people in the world trying to feed their families. There is no pressure in football" - speaking in a post-match interview




"Everybody wants Chelsea to lose a game. When they do they should declare a public holiday." - Speaking in a press conference about Chelsea's leading Premiership start in the 2005-06 season




"I think he is one of these people who is a voyeur. He likes to watch other people. There are some guys who, when they are at home, have a big telescope to see what happens in other families. He speaks, speaks, speaks about Chelsea." - on Arsène Wenger




"I am more scared of bird flu than football. What is football compared with life? I have to buy some masks and stuff - maybe for my team as well." - Speaking soon after H5N1 spread to Britain, and when Chelsea's league lead over Manchester United had slipped to 7 points





AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments:

Text Link Ads