Monday, July 30, 2007

Alexandre Nikolaevich Vinokourov : Tour De France Popular Kazakh Rider



Although he is not the overall winner of the recently concluded 94th edition of Le Tour De France, Vino did win few races. With all the doping scandal here and there (as usual as every year), Vino is just popular. By any means. :)

As a result of Vinokourov's failed test, his entire Astana Team pulled out of the 2007 Tour de France after being requested to withdraw by ASO president Patrice Clerc. -wiki


Vinokourov's Astana team sacked the rider on Monday after his B sample was also confirmed positive for blood doping. -source




"I have always raced within the rules. "I have been tested at least 100 times during my career. These [test] results have no sense. With all the attention now paid to doping, you would have to be crazy to do what I am accused of having done, and I am not crazy."


"I am happy with my performance, I am finding my legs again. Now I want to attack in the Pyrénées. I want to thank everyone in and around the team that encouraged me to get through the Alps."




Alexander Nikolaevich Vinokourov

Full name Alexander Nikolaivich Vinokourov
(Алекса́ндр Николаевич Винокуров)
Nickname Vino
Date of birth September 16, 1973 (1973-09-16)
Country Kazakhstan
Height 1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)
Weight 68 kg (150 lb)



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments:

Text Link Ads